Forum

12 posts

Questions about submission

Apr 18, 2023 at 10:27

Greetings, I would like to have some info about how things are going here. I was not careful enough before I submitted a font. I've read the faq, where is written that submission is not automatic, but only after I dived into the forum topics and found some comments about it. I've read that a font to be accepted takes between 2 weeks to 1 year, if I understood well. Also only in the forum is written, that is more strict than the a-z minimum requirement, what is there when submitting a font. I'm not here to judge or complaint, but the thing is that I need to make some changes in the description, so I thought I'll do as soon as it's published (if it passes of course). So my question is; do I need to wait another 2 weeks to 1 year to pass again with edited description, or let's say when someone makes an update on the font? I've read that 1 font shouldn't be submitted more than once, but in this case should I yet do it again with the corrections? Please help me out with some info. Thank you

Apr 18, 2023 at 22:49

No problem at all in this case, if the file has been improved, we'll take/put the last one if it's ok

(what we don't like is when people start to create multiple accounts for similar font, again and again for nothing)

Edited 4 times. Last edit on Apr 18, 2023 at 23:22 by Rodolphe

Apr 19, 2023 at 16:56

The file is still the same, with that I meant how update works later on, if once the font is online. This time I only made some changes in the description and resent it
Thank you

Apr 20, 2023 at 01:07

Once your font is online, you will see it on this page: https://www.dafont.com/member_account.php

You will have the option to update the font file, illustration, font description, etc.

Apr 20, 2023 at 09:21

Sorry guys my english is not the best my 1st post was not clear enough. My question was, if once it's online and I do any modification/update, do I need to wait again to be reviewed and accepted? I asked as I did a mistake in the description and didn't want that it goes online and reamins for another x time with the mistake. This got solved after 1st answer. My other reason to ask was out of curiosity. I know it's not guaranteed to pass, just wanted to understand.
Thanks

Apr 21, 2023 at 01:02

If your font is online, and you update it, the updated files will still be reviewed manually. This process usually takes less than a week in normal circumstances.

Apr 21, 2023 at 01:20

Nice, thank you

Apr 21, 2023 at 02:00

You're welcome.

Jun 17, 2023 at 14:42

Hey guys. I'm not sure if my font didn't pass your requirements, or just simply take so long to submit, but if it's the second case, please don't even consider to put it online, I wanna redo the design, and fix many things, plus also I have other reasons to ask you, ignore/delete the submission. Please if possible, give me a short feedback here to let me know that you have read this message, thank you

Jun 20, 2023 at 01:03

I'm sorry to say your font hasn't been reviewed yet.

Jun 21, 2023 at 05:10

grė said  
Hey guys. I'm not sure if my font didn't pass your requirements, or just simply take so long to submit, but if it's the second case, please don't even consider to put it online, I wanna redo the design, and fix many things, plus also I have other reasons to ask you, ignore/delete the submission. Please if possible, give me a short feedback here to let me know that you have read this message, thank you

I've just checked and your font is OK but if you want to improve it no problem, take your time since we are very late anyway... (like about one year for new authors after the first submission)

Edited on Jun 21, 2023 at 05:15 by Rodolphe

Jul 29, 2023 at 21:04

Wow, so many submissions you guys get? That's insane :O
Thank you so much for having a look at the font. After giving it a break, I decided to keep the design, only I did some minor tweaks, plus added 3 other styles, and submitted it again, hope it's still gonna pass

All times are CEST. The time is now 08:33

Privacy Policy  -  Contact